Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Breakfast for Lyme Warriors

My Morning Breakfast

It's been a while since I last posted. I hit a pretty bad spot in my struggle with Lyme. I had some relationship stuff (unless you're extremely lucky, you know what I'm talking about) and lots of stress, in general. I was also eating an extremely low-carb diet in order to aid in some serious things going on with my gut. My typically 120lb body dropped to a measly 102. Not good.

I needed a way to gain weight in the healthiest way possible. A little over a month ago, I started eating a fatty (but healthy fatty breakfast). Now I'm up to 109 and my body seems to be filling out relatively evenly instead of all going to one place.

In the image above, I've got: (L-R):
- Almond butter, freshly ground (I did it myself) with no added ingredients (for the apples & for protein)
- Greek God Traditional/Full Fat Yogurt (for the healthy fats) with flaxseed (Omega-3 fatty acids) and raisins (natural sweetness), and local honey (for spring time pollen sensitivity)
- Organic grits (okay, not sure what good these do other than increase my Southern charm)

On the plate:
- Sliced, organic Cameo apple (fiber + keeping the doctor away)
- Organic, local blueberries (anti-oxidents + giving my taste buds a party)
- 3 local, organic, pasture-raised eggs, cooked medium-well (for healthy cholesterol & healthy fats)

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. All of the nutrients included, especially the flax + anti-oxidants, are an essential way to get the day rolling!

I currently don't exercise because of my heart, but I really should. I'm not allowed to do cardio, but I can lift weights and perform other muscle-building rituals. Now that I'm finally putting on some healthy fat, it will be easier to transform to muscle.

My goal is to reach 115 by mid-Summer and start transforming that into muscle in order to reach a healthy-120.

Along with my daily supplements, my weekly rife machine (which will hopefully increase once I talk to some people who are familiar with rifing to help me with a few things I'm confused about), my occasional Colloidal Silver sprees, and minimizing on the stress in my life, I may actually have a chance to show the world that this thing can be beaten without antibiotics and all the magic tricks that cost a bazillion dollars.

I am lucky that I don't have seizures. I do have full body twitches and my brain's occasional inability to communicate with my muscles. This leaves me on the floor in a heap, in need of human assistance to get me into bed. These moments are triggered by severe exhaustion coupled with stress. So, I will say that those who have full-on seizures will most likely need to spend a little more money than the rest of us. :(

And just to be an even-Stephen, I'll take this light-hearted blog and end it on a bit of an emotional note. My friend Alisa updated her Lyme vlog recently, and she shared a song that she wrote during a time (we all know too well) that she's going through in trying to understand where her journey with Lyme is taking her. It's the most beautiful song I've heard in a long time. She says it's not catchy, so why is it stuck in my head? The melody gives me chills, and her voice is so soothing. Prettiest voice on the planet!

Ladies & gentlemen, meet Alisa (subscribe to her on YouTube!):



No comments:

Post a Comment