Friday, December 16, 2011

Stress and Lyme

It seems to me that stress is one of the largest battles a Lymie faces.

Through stress and negative energy, our bodies flare up and become painfully inflamed. Therefore, it's important to weed anyone out of our lives that causes stress or negative energy. Some things, people cannot help and it's not their usual habit to be negative, so we try to power through those situations with an open mind and deal with the inflammation the best we can.

But what about outward situations like a washer & dryer ruining all of your clothes? Or a giant tree smashing through your home and your car?

Those are just a couple of things that have impacted me in a way that I can't really begin to explain. Losing our home was impossible. My boyfriend and I were living in a 1974 Airstream Sovereign. It was amazing. See?


More photos of the Airstream: CLICK HERE

Then, at 7:15am on the morning of August 8th, this happened:


More photos of the damage: CLICK HERE

The hardest part about this was that we had sold the airstream to a really cool actor/musician in Texas for $9000. She was coming to pick it up with her boyfriend and her dad in only 11 days.

We were using the money for a treatment center and the ability to take a very-much-needed cheap vacation.

When the tree fell, I screamed and cried like a small child. I yelled at the tree, asking it "why" and basically went through the list of everything I had lost in that instant. It wasn't until much later that I was grateful to be alive. I was so angry and felt so terrible, I am still dealing with those emotions.

Often, I get stressed/inflamed with the threat of anything being taken away from me. My boyfriend was offered a job in an exotic location that we could only dream about, but the idea of uprooting my entire life stressed me out - when I spent years traveling cross-country wishing I could escape and see other lands. My whole perceptual world is so screwy right now.

Most recently (about an hour ago), all of my clothes were ruined by my washer & dryer.

But there are still other stressors in between that I can't seem to deal with. I've tried adrenal supplements, herbs, etc. I don't know how to chill-ax and just embrace life's difficulties.

I was so much stronger before all of the symptoms reared their ugly heads back in 2008. In 2010, I discovered it was Lyme. In 2011, I discovered that I may have had it my entire life and that my family may have it. So, I encouraged my sister to get tested - and what do you know? She's positive.

Anyway, I just needed to vent about a few things. I really don't have any advice to give. My Disability was denied and we're struggling to get by. 

I have stopped seeing my doctor entirely because we can't afford it. I can barely afford the treatments I'm taking now. Much less even imagine Christmas shopping. Ha!

If anyone happens to be reading this (who does NOT have Lyme) happens to be well-off enough to contribute to my life having any quality whatsoever, I have a PayPal account: stellanoir@gmail.com

Any and all donations go 100% toward medical needs such as supplements for Lyme, borderline anemia, fibromyalgia, etc.; special inflammation diet (which only consists of vegetables, beans, protein mix, and fish); pain management (physical therapy and chiropractic); and a refill on an anti-fungal prescription. Hooray for trying to stay afloat. Right? Merry Christmas. Bah, humbug.

And to think, I was once a member of a sketch performance troupe of Sugarplum Elves whose only purpose was to spread cheer. My, how the times have changed.

Before (I'm "Sneaky" - the one on the right):


After:


Awesome.


</vent>






5 comments:

  1. Your blog is so pretty and you have so much talent. Very sad to see you sick! I have had 2 ticks this year in N. Cal and I'm taking Byron White formulas (herbal) which are very strong. I thought you might want to know about an alternative that works. I know lots of people who have used them as well as myself and they are potent. I hope you get well and back to your creative marvelous self soon. peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doubtful you'll ever see this, but I thought I might let you know that I've finally got my life back for the most part & I was able to do so naturally! I have minor flare-ups on rare occasions, and I still deal with depression & anxiety (but it's so much more manageable). Would love to know how you're doing, if you ever see this.

      Delete
    2. Doubtful you'll ever see this, but I thought I might let you know that I've finally got my life back for the most part & I was able to do so naturally! I have minor flare-ups on rare occasions, and I still deal with depression & anxiety (but it's so much more manageable). Would love to know how you're doing, if you ever see this.

      Delete
    3. Doubtful you'll ever see this, but I thought I might let you know that I've finally got my life back for the most part & I was able to do so naturally! I have minor flare-ups on rare occasions, and I still deal with depression & anxiety (but it's so much more manageable). Would love to know how you're doing, if you ever see this.

      Delete